Sunday, February 13, 2011

Be Mine, Valentine

I am not the only mom that knows about great ideas and crafty projects to do with your kids.  I am also probably not the only one who gets a free parenting magazine and tears out the super cute projects to do on another day, as they sit in a pile or basket until they are considered trash.  The sweet little character cupcakes, holiday decorations, and Valentines cards that are not only fun to make...but make you feel like Martha Stewart in training. This time...I really did it.  Unfortunately, I had thrown out any cute project ideas...so I totally just made something up.  We painted paper, cut out hearts...put them on wooden sticks with glue and stuck them in a big red bowl of dirt for a centerpiece...hahahaha.  I know...sounds really great doesn't it????  Now my son thinks he can play with dirt at the kitchen table. 

Last night we made up for the dirty Valentine by having some other kids over to make heart shaped pizzas and sugar cookies.  They actually turned out adorable and tasty....maybe Martha is channeling her fabulousness through me after all?  Until next time...I am going with YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment